under the sponsorship of ILV, A.C.
Glossary of Linguistic Terms
Throughout the SIL-Mexico website, green underlined words are links to definitions in this glossary. For best results, leave all windows open that are created by the glossary until you are finished using it; the new windows will be re-used. You may want to adjust the size and locations of the windows so that you can see more than one at the same time.
Although the glossary is still in preliminary form, we hope that it will be useful, and for that reason we are making it available in its present condition.
[A] [B] [C] [D] [E] [F] [G] [H] [I] [J] [K] [L] [M] [N] [O] [P] [Q] [R] [S] [T] [U] [V] [W] [X] [Y] [Z]
[Technical symbols and charts]
Bickford, J. Albert and David Tuggy, 2002. Electronic glossary of linguistic terms (with equivalent terms in Spanish), version 0.6. Instituto Lingüístico de Verano (Mexico). [April 2002]
- Materiales en español para la enseñanza de la lingüística y la alfabetización (website of SIL-International)
- Crystal, David. 1991. A dictionary of linguistics and phonetics, third edition. Oxford: Blackwell Publishers.
- Lázaro Carreter, Fernando. 1990. Diccionario de términos filológicos, 3ª edición corregida. Madrid: Editorial Gredos.
- Malmkjaer, Kirsten, ed. 1995. The linguistics encyclopedia. London and New York: Routledge.
- Trask, R. L. 1993. A dictionary of grammatical terms in linguistics. London and New York: Routledge.
- Trask, R. L. 1995. Dictionary of phonetics and phonology. London and New York: Routledge.